Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Goal #40: Read 10 new books (8/10)

Woot Woot, making huge progress in completing this goal with only 2 more books to read (even though I'm positive I will way surpass 10)!


My eighth read was Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. Talk about a juicy soap opera-esque book! From the opening pages in the first chapter I was instantly hooked! You were immediately thrown into the juicy plot and there was no putting this book down! Maybe it was the sex, the scandal, or the New York life that really grabbed my attention- but I have to say this is most definitely one of my favorite reads so far- and I can't wait to read the rest of Emily Giffin's books!

Not to give too much away but the basic plot of the book is that an unexpected love affair threatens a long-lived friendship between characters Rachel and Darcy. These two friends couldn't be more opposite with Rachel being a single, self-confessed good girl, and attorney trapped at a suffocating New York law firm and Darcy who is a  stereotypical outgoing publicist, planning a wedding with her handsome man, Dex. The rest you will just have to read about!

I've already started to read Something Blue by Emily Giffin and it is just as good as her first book, even picking up where Something Borrowed left off. Even though I favor the character Rachel, who narrates Something Borrowed, I'm still loving how Something Blue is narrated by Darcy- it definately gives you the chance to see the store from both points of view.

AND IN BREAKING NEWS:
I just discovered there they are making Something Borrowed into a movie to be released in 2011. For more info, including whose playing who, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment