Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 5: Rethink Your Living Space

No matter what your living situation is (living at home, with roommates, alone, etc.) you need to feel comfortable with your space. Last thing you want is to feel like you have to leave your date at the door because you feel ashamed of where you live or what it looks like. With that being said, it's time to make sure you are proud of your space!

{via}
I'm the Queen of having quite alot of everything. Lots of arts and crafts items, especially scrapbooking paper and all my old college art supplies. But I'm not in college anymore so why am I holding on to all of this stuff that is just piling up in my clothes? Good question right? Well I just recently purged myself of all that stuff (luckily for me I have someone to give it to so I dont feel wasteful). As for all the other stuff, it needs to get out- that includes piles of biles, old projects you haven't started or that are half finished. Purge yourself of all the unnecessary stuff that is just taking up place in your life (or closet/under your bed/garage/etc).

"Surround yourself with items that bring you joy, not thinks that make you long for 'one day when...'"

One way of doing this is to practice the art of Feng Shui (the Chinese art of arranging items so they create a better energy flow) or perhaps take an interior design class at your local community college for fun!

Either way, be sure to surround yourself with a living space that reflects the new you!

No comments:

Post a Comment