Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 7: Log Your Finances for a Month

It makes sense that we would want to date a guy who is financially smart, so why don't we do the same? For me, its easy to create a budget, not so easy to keep it. Every month I say, ok this month I will stick to my budget- and then something unexpected comes up or you find those to die for heels you have to have!

With that being said, there are plenty of tools at your finger tips to help you track your expenses.
  1. Mint.com: It allows you to add accounts from several different banks, allowing you to see at-a-glance what your net worth is and allows you to make your very own budgets! Best part: they send me emails (you can also opt in for text messages) when I'm close to over spending a particular budget, when my credit card payment is due and even gives me a weekly recap of my spending. 
  2. Excel or spread sheet: Writing everything down by hand can be helpful too! Check out this spread sheet from Luc Latulippe that can help you track where you spend your money.
  3. Note book or file: I'm a huge fan of making lists, cute lists like these ones from Knock Knock
{via}
{via}
No matter how you track it, try keeping a log for the month. Trust me, you will be surprised were your money goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment