Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not Your Standard New Year's Resolution

{via}
Yep, it's that time of the year again, when we all pledge to go to the gym regularly, drop that weight in order to get our beach bodies back, and swear off bad habits.


I'm taking a different approach this year.

Everyday is an opportunity to start the next one differently than the last. And that's exactly what I'm pledging to do this year. I don't want to just get by enjoying each day as it comes, I want to thrive. I want to be a better me and a happy me. The only way I know how to do that, is to take everyday as it comes, do things I enjoy, and don't hold back.


With that being said, here are a few goals I have for 2011 that I think will help me work towards being a better, happy Madalyn Marie:
  • Spend time with true friends (more Wine Wednesday's, Girls Nights, Weekend Walks and Brunchs)
  • Be a dedicated blogger (I believe it helps keep me sane)
  • Get back into Yoga (it gives me that time I need to clear my mind each day)
  • Travel more (even if its just a day trip)
  • Cook more (I have all these fabulous recipes, I need to start trying them out!)
  • Spend more time out of my apartment, and in the world (even if its sitting at a Cafe by myself with a good book and Lulu)

No comments:

Post a Comment