Day's 17 and 18 focus on being creative. There are certain times when you feel most creative- usually when you're recently just in or outta love. Sucks huh? Well this chapter is going to help us figure out how to stay creative, in order to keep attracting love into our lives.
You may wonder why creativity is such an important topic, well it's the by-product we are after! Being creative gives you the feeling of being free, leading to a bright and happy you (and happy girlies are the prettiest!) When we were young, it was so easy to be creative! Doing silly lil tasks that left us sending the afternoons searching for fairies, or coloring the sidewalk with chalk; helping us release our creativity. Now that we are older, we might find that we it comes to being creative we want to do everything perfectly. If we paint, we are expecting a masterpiece, if you play an instrument, well you want it to sound good don't you? But remember, we are doing this for pleasure, so make sure to make it enjoyable and not something to fret over.
Need help finding something creative to do? Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Do what you loved in the third grade (I don't know about you, but I LOVED to color... and color well. Looks like I will be heading to the drug store to grab a coloring book and crayons!)
- Yell and scream (Nothing like releasing your inner wild side? I prefer the singing at the top of your lungs in the car, and depending on what kind of music you listen to, this might qualify as screaming)
- Memorize a scene from your favorite movie (this one is easy- my sisters and I do it all the time. Although I'm quit sure how appropriate saying "What? You think I'm funny? You think I am a f**king clown? would be. Name that movie)
- Do a modern dance (just close your eyes and dance to the music... and see what silly movies you bust out!)
- Carve out silent moments (daily life is noisy, so be sure to carve out some quiet time to let yourself think. I prefer doing this during yoga, or even stare off into the scenery- preferable the beach, at sunset)