Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Goal #50: Forgive Someone

Through reading the book, Dating Repair Kit, I came to realize that I have forgive someone and completed my DZP goal #50!

{via}
This happened quite a while go (back in January), but I’m just now getting around to writing it. Although my initial reaction so many months ago this particular person was that what he did was unforgivable, the truth is I have forgotten and him.

Forgiving has nothing to do with the other person, and everything to do with YOU. "To forgive someone doesn't mean you trust them or want them back in your life. It means that you understand that all anyone does is the best they can do at the time, even if it seems to you that they could have done much (much) better. True forgiveness feels like your emotions are no longer charged when you think of them."


This is exactly how I feel and I’m so happy to have realized it! And you know the best reason to forgive? "Forgiveness opens up space for love to come in." It’s amazing how true that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment