Friday, April 29, 2011

Homeowner Day Dreams…

Ever since I was in high school senior year, taking my interior decorating class, I have been planning and designing my dream home. Now- it has changed many times and I'm actually not quite sure what style I would go for- Tuscan Villa, Modern, Shabby Chic… I'm completely undecided. But with the help of Apartment Therapy, Design Sponge, and Design to Inspire, I have been given tons of inspiration!

In the hopes of getting a condo or small single family home within the next 6 months, I have decided that I would love to have these elements in my home… 

Tiffany Blue: If you ask my boyfriend, I'm obsessed. It didn't occur to me until he pointed it out how often I wear this color and the fact my bedroom wall is this color, that I tend to migrate towards it. With that being said, my laundry room or guest bathroom will look like this, I'm simply in love!

{via}
{via}
{via}

Gray: Another room I'm simply in love with, and yes will probably copy for my own home. I'd love to have a room like this will soft gray's and whites used as an office for myself to do freelance in, some crafting, and even a place to enjoy a nice book. An overstuffed chair or chase is a must for this nice tranquil room!
{via} 
{via}

Chalk Boards and Chalk Board Paint: Love, Love, love this idea. Whether you use chalkboard paint and doing an entire wall, or create panels to lean up against the wall or mount, I think this is a genius idea. Great to use to jot down grocery lists, or reminders and I suppose down the line it would be a nice lil entertaining tool for lil ones while they wait for dinner to be served.

{via}

{via}

{via}

Wall Paper: I know, the world wall paper used to instantly take me back to some 1970's house with some hideous pattern from floor to ceiling. That is most definitely not what I'm thinking- more like tasteful accents of wallpaper, mostly as a backdrop in a built in shelving unit, or inside cabinets where you get a lil sneak peak of it once the doors are open. No loud patterns either, mostly soft subtle designs.

{via}

Antique Sofas: They are so beautifully designed, and have such character to them. I'd love to have one in a formal sitting room or reading room. Add some character and charm to the house. Even an antique day bed would be nice.

{via}
{via}

Does this look like a tall enough order? Needless to say, I plan on doing alot of DIY and doing some bargain hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment