Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fact #4: I HEART Being a Bookworm!

That's right, I love reading! If my mother heard this right now her mouth would probably fall open in shock and then ask "what have you done with my daughter?!?"

Simply put, I have never been the reading type- but that was in my younger years when books were picked out by teachers and they were hardly something I wanted to spend my time doing (come on now, there were boys to chase!)

But now I know the value of a good book, have authors that I love reading, and enjoy the time to myself I get when I settle down to read. This timely usually only comes while on vacations, and in the hours before bed (if I'm lucky).

Latest read 
Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella. The best thing about this book was my timing reading it! As I was reading it, I too embarked on a try to New York City... which meant I got to see all the places and shops she was talking about. Don't worry, I controlled my shopping way better than she does in the book.

I'm loving this series of books, as well as this author. I had started the series with, Confessions of a Shopaholic back in January.

Currently reading
The Help by Kathryn Sockett. This book was loaned to me by friend and coworker Erin, who read the whole thing while on her vacation in Costa Rica! I took this book with me over my mini vaca and in a day had already read 270 pages! I'm loving the format of the book, with different characters narrating it ever couple of chapters or so. This book is coming out as a movie in August, so I've got some motivation to finish reading it so I can see it in theaters. I always find it interesting to compare the book to the movie, and also see who they pick to play the characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment