Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Goal #33: Do 12 5k's in a year (9/12)

I'm back at it! I took a break from 5k's (mostly do to my ankle injury in NY), but I'm finally continuing to doing my 5k's after having to revise this goal. This is my second time doing a 5k a month for a year. Last year I fell out 6 months in, and now this time I fell out due to an injury. So, I have decided to revise it into doing 12 5k races in a year- which I'm very close to completing!


Race #9 was the OC Fair Fun Run 5k that took place this past Sunday.  I had never participated in this race, but I would defiantly do it again! The course took you through the OC Fair and the Pacific Amphitheater nearby, and even had 3 detours to fun. These detours included stopping for some carnival games (Dad's and I decided to throw baseballs and break some plates),  ride down the large slide, and finally getting to pose for a photo op on the stage with some fun musical props and then heading out back stage.

I have to say, I definitely need to get back into the swing of things! But the good news was, my ankle wasn't bothering me! Yeay!

Next on my list to conquer is the Wet and Wild 5k, and the 2011 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Still one 5k race to be decided!

No comments:

Post a Comment