Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Goal# #33: Do 12 5k's in a year (11/12)

It's that time of the year again to support Susan G. Komen for the Cure! I have to say this is my favorite 5k's to participate in not just because it's pink galore, but simple because it has to be one of the most amazing experiences to see so many people come together to fight for one cause. More than 30,000 participants this year! Woot Woot!


This year was my 4th year in a row participating and the friends and I even created our own team called Treasure Chests. This was also my first year meeting and exceeding my donation goal thanks to the support of my Mom and my Godmother who generously donated in my name for the cause. Fundraising is still going on through October 31st, so if you are interested be sure to visit my donation page!


The team and I walked the entire thing in about an hour, which isn't too bad considering the amount of people you are surrounded by. This is my 11th 5k for my DZP goal, so only 1 more to go until I've completed goal #33! Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment