Thursday, November 3, 2011

Latest Reads

I suppose this reading bug thing isn't going to pass anytime soon, and may just very well be here to stay. So, for the first time.... EVER.... I have books lined up to read. That's right. I have a list of books I WANT to read. Very strange for me, but I'm really loving it. Here are my two current reads:

Recently Read

If you haven't notice, I really enjoy Sophie Kinsella books. So after reading most of the Shopaholic series (3 out of 6), I've moved on to some of her stand alone novels. The Undomestic Goddess is about a high powered city lawyer, who after making a mistake that might end her career, finds herself in the country as a housekeeper.

This book was super enjoyable, and I have to say it was probably my fastest read. Funny as always, and of course with a little bit of a love story thrown in there as well. After reading this book, this undomestic goddess might have pick up a few things.

Out for her four stand alone novels, I've finished two! The other stand alone book was Can You Keep a Secret?




Currently Reading

So, something interesting I just discovered- Sophie Kinsella is Madeleine Wickham. Sophie Kinsella is her pen name.

When my friend suggested this book, Cocktails for Three, how could I say no? The cover itself was screaming my name!
(Hello Champagne!)

I'm almost done reading it, but man does it have it all! Scandals... secrets... and cocktails! And boy do I love my chisme! This book takes place in NY, where three successful business women meet for cocktails once a month, except this time there is a chance entourer with some from the past.

Can't wait to find out how it ends!



Other Sophie Kinsella books I'm looking forward to reading:
Shopaholic and Sister
Shopaholic and Baby
Mini Shopaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment