Monday, April 9, 2012

Books, Books and More Books

I've realized that the only occasion I have time to really sit down and enjoy a book is when I go on vacation. Vacations clearly need to happen more often.

During my flights to and from Chicago (and during the down time with the family), a total of almost 7 hours- I finally finished the book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

After getting some feed back from friends, it was clear the first 3 chapters were the hardest to get through, but once I cleared that section-
I . WAS . HOOKED

My rule about books and movies is that, you always have to read the book first. I feel that usually the movie sometimes skims over issues that are discussed in depth in the book, and that just overall reading the book gives me a bigger feeling of accomplishment. I also like being able to figure out in my head what the character would look like- and then later see how what I've thought up compares to whatever actor or actress was chosen for the role.

So with that being said- I CAN FINALLY SEE THIS MOVIE! I hear some of the scenes are very intense!



Going with the theme of books being turned into movies, I'm now reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. My hope is to finish it with the next week or so so that I can go see it in theaters.

I think this is the first time in my life I actually have a queue of books I want to read, starting with:


and then my this time I'm hoping the newest Emily Giffin book, Where We Belong with be released!

The list of books I have and need to read extend past what I have put down- something I will read hopefully by the end of this year is The Tipping Point.

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment