Friday, May 4, 2012

Goal #85: Donate a pair of shoes to Nike Reuse-a-Shoe

I've been wanting to do this for sometime, and making it a DZP goal just pushed me along to do it.

My old sad pair of running shoes had seen better days after my roommates dog decided to use them as a chew toy, and so I decided the donate them to Nike ReUse a Shoe so they could live on as a sports surface.

Anyone can donate a pair of shoes at any of the donation centers, which you can look up here. All makes of athletic shoes are welcome.

Once donated, these shoes turn into running tracks, basketball and tennis courts, playgrounds and other synthetic turf fields.

I think is is a great movement, and a great way to give back! Hopefully this will inspire one you to go out and donated a pair of your old, unused tennies!

No comments:

Post a Comment