Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Saguaro Hotel: Recap and Review

I'm back from the desert heat and ready to share how fabulous my time was at the Saguaro Hotel in Palm Springs. But first, a disclaimer.

** I have extremely high standards for customer service and I let it be known on all social media outlets- Yelp, Twitter, my blog, Facebook. It is no secret to my friends and family and even co-workers that I expect the best, and if you can't provide the best, I expect you to do something to make up for it.

With that being said, I'm blow'n away, BLOW'N AWAY by how amazing our entire stay was and at the extremely friendly and helpful nature of all the staff. Hands down, the best hotel stay I have ever had. I have been dying to stay at this hotel and I could not have had a better time. Below is just a snap shot of my stay.



I enjoyed the fact that they had entertainment (DJ's) out at the pool area throughout our stay. The pink pool towels didn't hurt either (loved it!). I highly recommend a 1st floor room so that you can easily leave your room and get to the pool area. The best part was being able to get back to our room quickly to make more drinks or use the restroom by just coming in and out through our open patio. 

Some amenities that I thought were awesome (even though I didn't take advantage of all of them) was that the hotel is completely pet friendly (with no additional fee unless Fido makes a big mess) and they are even allowed in the pool area. There is morning yoga in the fitness club and even water aerobics in the pool. Also, there is free wi-fi throughout the hotel which was helpful to boost my cell reception since it was kinda slow.

 A few thing's that happened there were above and beyond what I was expecting:
  • When I called and made the reservation they ask if we were celebrating a special occasion and I mentioned my birthday. Once we were in our room there was a hand written note from the management and small bottle of wine. Kudos!
  • Friday night we had dinner at El Jefe. We ordered Chicken nachos (AMAZING!) but our order did not have chicken. They quickly remade our nachos and while we waited they served us a plate of Carnitas Tacos (on the house) and the manager even came over and personally apologized. We by no means made a big deal of this, but clearly it was a big deal to them and they wanted to make sure we were happy with our meal.
  • Around noon/ 1 o'clock in the afternoon, during the heat of the day, servers passed out shooters of their Melon Rita- non alcoholic, but it was still a nice refreshing treat and something to help cool us off out by the pool.
  • Being a Saturday pool party, the servers were pretty busy, which was understandable. Our server apologized for taking so long with our drinks (I honestly did not even notice, it had probably been under 10 minutes) and explained that we wouldn't be charged for this round, it was on him.
  • Dinner at Tinto on Saturday was also pretty busy. After dinner we ordered our dessert and coffee/espresso. Again, the waiter apologized for taking so long with our coffee and said it was on him. We had not even received out dessert yet, so we weren't waiting on drinks- but in his mind, he had taken too long.
  • At check out we were given Coconut Water, an unexpected treat (I dont necessarily like Coconut Water, but it was the thought that counts).
I definitely think the staff and management have high expectations for themselves, and it shows in how helpful, friendly and pleasing they are. I will definitely be returning, I had an outstanding time. And I don't need to state the obvious, the colorful color scheme only added to my enjoyment since it was so cheerful and bright!

So, needless to say, if you are looking for somewhere bright and cheerful in Palm Springs, I highly recommend the Saguaro Hotel

1 comment:

  1. fantastic post and Thanks for sharing this info. It's very helpful.
    guest house in jaipur

    ReplyDelete