Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Goal #55: Take a bar method class

While having a weekend to myself (full of pampering I might add), I decided to take advantage of the free Pure Barre Skills class at my local studio. 

Sad story: I bought a Groupon and fully intended to use it to get my fitness on. However, it expired before I had the chance to try this place out. (tear)
{via}


Now, this might not be a fair review of how hard Pure Barre is, since I had attended bootcamp at Thousand Steps in Laguna Beach only 2 hours before (if you are looking for a KILLER workout, go there. It's not literally a thousand steps, but it might as well be). But, I thought this work out was just as killer on my body. Each exercise targets a specific area- with small intense movements. When I say small movement, I mean instead of doing a curl with a 5 to 8 lb weight, you are literally pulsing your arm while in that position using a 2lb weight, and your arms are shaking under the resistance you are creating.

The official explanation of Pure Barre is:
Pure Barre is a total body workout that lifts your seat, tones your thighs and burns fat in record-breaking time. Utilizing the ballet barre to perform small isometric movements set to fantastic music, Pure Barre is the fastest, most effective, yet safest way to change your body. Students see results in just 10 classes.
And when they say seat, they mean your ass.. just to clarify :D

Good news is they have these free skills class about once a month or so and after explaining my sad story to the very nice lady at the studio, she said they normally honor the groupons... even if they are expired! Yeay!

No comments:

Post a Comment