Monday, September 10, 2012

Goal #61: Take a cake decorating class/demo

Remember that Double BeeEFf date I shared with you a couple of weeks back? Well,  here is what us four fabulous girlies went and did for the day!



Back in February... oh you know 7 months ago! It was E's Birthday, and being the original DZP'er, I thought what better gift to give my bestie, than the gift of completing a DZP goal! Now, finding a place to take cake decorating classes in Orange County was nearly impossible. So when I found Duff's Cakemix in LA,  I knew we HAD to go! 

My official review on this place, is that it ROCKS! The staff was friendly, it was organized, it had all the tools you needed and... it was reasonably priced! We got there right when it opened and were literally the first people through the door. We were shown to our table and hit the ground running, grabbing all the tools and goodies to get us started on our masterpieces! 

Erin and I choose to split 8 cupcakes, each getting to decorate 4. We were given an hour and a half to decorate and I'm glad I only did 4 because I was decorating right up to the last minute!

You can see our fabulous masterpieces above! I'm definitely impressed with our skillz! It was our first time trying anything like this! I've never worked with fondant before, but after this experience it feel confinent enough to try it on my own! 

Fun Fact: Not one, but TWO of my cupcakes were featured on Duff's Cake Stars!!

I definitely highly recommend this place! There were people of all ages- from the 4 year old putting mounds of frosting on her cake, to even Grandmothers their with there daughters and granddaughters. I have a feeling I will be making another trip to this fine shop! Here's to hoping we run into Duff next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment