Monday, October 15, 2012

Goal #4: Go on a picnic

This was one of those just do it goals. No matter how many times I hinted to my boy, "Oh, wouldn't it be nice to ride our beach cruisers down to the park and have a picnic?", or "Oh, look, it's such a nice day for a picnic"... the hint never sunk in.

So, after realizing that only men in movies or TV dramas are hopeless romantics and do these wildly romantic things, I took my need for a picnic into my own hands.
And I must say, I'm the best sheet tent maker around, hands down.

The weather was perfect for our little picnic feast! After weeks of 100 degree weather, it cooled down to a perfect 75, so we could actually enjoy ourselves outside.

We munched on salami with fresh mozzarella and parmesan on a fresh baguette, a caprese salad, marinated olives and mushrooms, and even some dolma (grape leaves) and tzatziki sauce. Let me tell you, the Whole Foods Market by our house is the greatest thing.

For dessert, I picked up a miniature vanilla bean cheesecake (our favorite) and  an assortment of tarts.

It was the perfect dinner, to help mix up the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment