Thursday, November 29, 2012

Goal #64: Visit the Guggenheim in NY

Last time I was in NY, I happened to visit the Guggenheim on the one day it was closed- disappointed to say the least! This time I made sure to check the hours before I headed out!

I have to say, I was so happy/excited about what was on exhibit! I was able to check out Picasso, Black and White, which was super interesting. All the artwork was from the period in Picasso's life where he claimed color weakens, and therefore focused on structure and autonomy of form.

The other exhibit that I was excited to see was Kandinsky. By pure coincidence, we had just watched the movie, Double Jeopardy, where the artwork is featured.




Another reason I was excited to go to this museum, was for the architecture! The way I found to best describe it, is that it's like you are inside the spiral of a seashell- since you are basically on a ramp that continues to incline and leaded you up and around the entire museum. You can read more about the history and architecture, here

Oh, and let's not forget it never hurts to see something that's been on Gossip Girl! That's right... it was shown in Season 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment