Recipe can be found online here.
Yields: 6 servings
- 1-1/4 pounds sweet or hot Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ( also added 2 TBSP on minced garlic- we love garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil ( I used 1/4 of garlic Italian seasoning as a substitute)
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 red bell peper, sliced
- 1 green bell paper, sliced
- 2 cups of tomato sauce (I had home made sauce I wanted to utilize)
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausages over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cut vegetables and adde veggies and seasonings to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove sausages and cut into 1-in. pieces; return to slow cooker. Stir in bread crumbs. Serve in bowls; sprinkle with cheese.
I love coming home to a yummy smelling house!