Monday, January 21, 2013

Goal #29: Watch the Macy's Day Parade in Person

One of the main perks of being in New York over Thanksgiving was the Macy's Day parade. It is one of my Grandma's all time favorite things, even more so than the Rose Parade (something I still don't understand). So being as that I wanted to experience this event first hand, I made sure to get up and brave the cold weather and massive amounts of people on Thanksgiving morning.

We were lucky enough to have this guy come down the street we were standing on, even though it was unlucky for him since he was slowly deflating. It was actually really cool seeing how they handled the balloons and how many people it took to "operate" them. 

The highlight of course was Santa at the end, but I couldn't help but snap a picture of the NYPD jackets that were being worn- Disorder Control Unit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment