Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Goal #66: Go to a Botanical Garden

While in Brooklyn, we found our way over to the Botanical Garden!

As soon as we got there, I instantly knew this was a place to visit during Spring, not winter. However since it was Winter, entrance was free.

The biggest bummer for me was that the Cherry Esplanade was just bare trees, no blossoms (sad face). I definitely want to go when they are in bloom and see them with all their pink magnificant flowers!


Even though it wasn't what I was expecting, we made the best of the afternoon and spent some time exploring the different gardens. And then, I came across the solution for turning this day around.

Leaves! Lots and lots of leaves! That I wanted to jump and throw and if I could, roll around in. I was instantly in kid mode, longing for the day when you racked up leaves and tossed them in the air without a care in the world. So that is what I did...



You can see the excitement on my face, I can hardly contain my glee. And yes, people where starring at me and I did not care. Let them look all they want! The fun part about being an adult is that you can do what you want, and if that means acting like a child for 10 minutes, then act like a lil child if that's what makes you happy. Ok well, it would be a lie to tell you I only did this for 10 minutes.. because after this pile of leaves, I found another, and another... and another.

If you haven't noticed yet, sometimes I just get obsessed with certain things. The boy was very supportive of my burst of child like antics and continually took pictures of me in action.  After all was said and done, I also officially completed goal #90, jump in a pile of leaves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment